Use the site map to the left to navigate
the pages for the National Teams.
- 1st Chance Qualifier on April 13th at Hiram High School is MANDATORY for all 16U (Cadet) and Junior wrestlers wanting to attend Freestyle/Greco-Roman Nationals in Fargo July, 2019. Placement at this event will set our National Team wrestlers in both Men's and Women's age groups/weight classes.
- Freestyle/Greco-Roman State is MANDATORY for all wrestlers that want to compete for Georgia at the following events:
- 14U (Schoolboy/girl) Duals in Indianapolis, IN
- 16U (Cadet) Duals in Spokane, WA
- Junior and Women's Duals in Tulsa, OK
- Kids Nationals in Wisconsin Dells, Wi.
- 14U (Cadet) & Junior Nationals in Fargo ND.
The Georgia FS-GR State tournament will serve as our individual National Team Qualifier for Kids Nationals and will help our Coaches assemble our 14U (Schoolboy/girl) Duals teams.
DUALS TEAM: Placement in the 1st Chance Qualifier and/or FS/GR State is not required to attend any of the Age Group Duals (14U, 16U, Junior or Womens) events, if we have spots open on the team. Every wrestler that wants to attend the Duals, is eligible to be part of the Duals team provided there is an open spot on the Teams and that they meet the other requirements. (Purchase uniform, pay required fees, submit required forms, attend National Team practices and camps)
*** How you finish in these events will help to determine which Dual team you are on, but final spots will be determined by the assigned coaching staff ***
KID'S NATIONALS: Placement at State is not required to attend Kid's Nationals, but in order to attend you must also wrestle at Southeast Regionals May 25th and 26th in Wilmington, NC THIS IS MANDATORY!!
FARGO CADET AND JUNIOR NATIONALS: Placement iIS required at the 1st Chance Qualifier to attend Cadet/Junior Nationals or FS/GR State, Each state is limited to 51 Cadets & 45 Juniors, therefore only the top 4 wrestlers in each age/weight class at either the 1st Chance Qualifier or FS/GR State will be eligible to go.
Your must wrestle the same weight at the 1st Chance Qualifier/FS-GR State as you do at Fargo**
NOTE: Wrestlers that place top 4 at Regionals (SER, Central, NE etc...or UWW Cadets/Juniors) can wrestle any weight at Nationals, as long as they have participated in the FS/GR State. These wrestlers do not count in our 51 Cadets & 45 Junior limitation.
** ANY CHANGES TO WEIGHT CLASSES AT DUALS/NATIONALS MUST BE APPROVED BY COACHING STAFF PROVIDED THERE IS AN OPEN SPOT AT THE WEIGHT THAT YOU WANT TO MOVE TO.