The USA wrestling rule book covers more of Freestyle & Greco Roman wrestling and then for Folkstyle they follow the NFHS Folkstyle rules with a few exceptions.
The link to this book is updated every year and also also other important information.
Team Georgia follows the National Federation of HS for Folkstyle rules, with only a few exceptions.
1. Wrestlers must weigh-in wearing shorts and a t-shirt, or a singlet.
2. Wrestling shoes, and singlets are highly recomended for competition, but not required.
3. Mouth pieces are not required, but highly recomended.
4. There is no hair rule.
5. Headgear is mandatory for folkstyle wrestling, and highly recomended for Freestyle, and Greco.
6. Sitting through on a double chicken wing is an illegal hold for youth through middle school age groups. All points earned for the double chicken wing are awarded up to the point of the sit through.
7. Bronze coaches education program is required to be on the floor for State Qualifiers, and the State Championships.
8. http://www.dentakit.com/cocoforbr.html This device meets the NFHS requirement for mouth-guard with braces.
Picture from Denis
A wrestler at Woodland, Cartersville has braces and "shock absorber-like" device in his mouth. The use of a standard mouthpiece to cover the braces is not possible but the orthodontist recommends the plastic sleeves applied to the metal on the teeth as a way to protect him and the opponents. This variance to the mouthpiece rule has been approved so if you see this during your inspections, it is ok to allow it. Please distribute these pictures to your guys as a reference.