2020 Fall Meeting Agenda
Please attend the 2020 Team Georgia Fall Business Meeting, Sunday October 18th, 2020 beginning at 1:00pm being held VIRTUALLY. Please pre-register for this event as there are a limited number of virtual seats available.
This is an open meeting and everyone is encouraged to attend. Please help us invite the club director from every chartered Team Georgia USA club, interested coaches and parents.
At the 2020 Team Georgia Fall Business Meeting we will be hearing Executive Board and Committee reports as well as hearing special reports from Wrestling Leaders around the Georgia community.
If you are a Folkstyle tournament host, you are required to attend the Fall Meeting. Tournament sanctioning and club charters need to be submitted online before this meeting.
Clubs must be chartered before Friday October 16th at 11:59pm to be able to vote during the meeting. Club representatives that will be the primary voter will need to be submitted in advance of the Fall Meeting to allow for voting priveleges to be assigned to that member. Only 1 Club Representative will be allowed to vote per registered Club.
NOTE: In order to for your USAW club to cast a vote at the Fall Business Meeting, your club must have a currently active USAW Club Charter. In order to activate your club charter, you must have a valid USA Wrestling Leadership Card. This requires you to have your cleared Background Check and SafeSport Certification. New Background checks can take up to 10 business days to process.
I am strongly encouraging the club director for each of the 200+ Team Georgia clubs to attend this meeting.
2020 FALL MEETING AGENDA
1:00 pm – 3:00pm
- Old Business
- Executive Reports:
- Chairman’s report
- Treasurer’s report
- Registration report
- Kids Director report
- Girls Director report
- Official's Director report
- Coaches Education report
- 2020-21 Folkstyle Tournament Rules and Regulations for Tournament Operations
- 2020-21 Folkstyle Tournament Schedule Release
- Kids, MS/ES Duals, Girls and Freshman State Information
- New Business/Proposals
- All new Proposals that were submitted at the Spring Business Meeting will be presented to the Membership for vote and approval.
- Proposal #1- Submitted by Michael Smyth (Lovett)
- Format 1 Change: Dual Meet Scoring
- Format 2 Change: Team Roster Rules
- Proposal #2- Submitted by Joe Croce (Woodstock)
- Duals Grade Group Changes
- Proposal #3- Submitted by Katrina Dover (Women's Director)
- Girls Age/Weight Class Change
- Proposal #4- Submitted by Billy Harrison (Roswell)
- Novice Wrestler Eligibility
LINK TO NEW PROPOSALS: <CLICK HERE>
Please email me with any questions.
Robert M. Horton- State Chairman
Georgia Amateur Wrestling Association
Team Georgia USA Wrestling
Team Georgia Wrestling Board of Directors
Executive Board Members
Chairman Robert Horton
1st Vice Chairman Phil Arnold
Secretary Leah Thomas
Treasurer Jessica Parent
Registration Chairwoman Letricia Denson
Official's Liaison Kenny Cook
Women's Liaison Ben Mount
Incoming/Outgoing Sean Moistner
Kid's Director Donovan Panone
Official's Director Nolan Meadors II
Women's Director Katrina Dover
National Team Director Link Davis
Olympic Styles Director Stacey Davis
Volunteer Director Open Position
Travel Director Amanda Prado
Officials Education Director Kenneth "Buck" Timbs
At-Large Member Antoine Glasgow
At-Large Member Dillan Schouw
Open Board Positions
Social Media Director
Athlete Member (Male)
Athlete Member (Female)